Get Involved: Week of Feb. 14 to Feb. 21

Riley Carroll, Arts & Life Editor

Tuesday, Feb. 14:

UTSA Student Activities will host “Milagros: Celebrating warm hearts” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Durango Building La Villita Room (1.116). 

A “Valentine’s Hangout,” hosted by the Public Health Society, will take place from 2 to 4 p.m. in the Student Union Pecan Room (SU 2.01.26).

UTSA Wellbeing Services will host “Pal-entine’s Day” from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Student Union Mesquite Room (2.01.24).

Wednesday, Feb. 15:

From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., join the Honors Alliance for “Honors Organization Meet and Greet” at the Student Union Paseo.

Join the HCaP Student Success Center for an Adobe skills workshop: “HCAP Wellbeing Wednesday Workshops: Adobe,” from 12 to 1 p.m. in the HCaP Student Success Center (MS 2.02.36).

UTSA Alumni Association will host the “Spring 2023 Ring Sales” from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. online. Any student with 60 or more hours is eligible to purchase a class ring.

UTSA Multicultural Student Center for Equity and Justice will host a “Black History Month Kickoff” from 6 to 8 p.m. in the Student Union Denman Ballroom.

Thursday, Feb. 16:

Another “Opioid Overdose Prevention: Narcan Use Training” will be hosted from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Alvarez Hall Lobby. 

UTSA College of Liberal and Fine Arts is hosting a “COLFA Chat Pop-Up featuring Dr. Seok Kang,” about their “Digital Startup Program” from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the COLFA Student Success Center (MH 376).

The Center for Collegiate Recovery will host an “Eating Recovery Group” from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the JPL Recovery Center (4.02.08).

Friday, Feb. 17:

Threading History: An Artist’s Reflection on Textile Art with Taylor Barnes” will be hosted from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. online. 

Public Health Society is hosting a “Valentine’s Donation Drive Packaging Party” from 5 to 7 p.m. in the Multidisciplinary Studies Building (MS 2.02.20). 

Join the Terry Scholars Student Organization for “Valenterry” from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Graduate School of Research Building (GSR 1.204F). There will be “chocolate-covered strawberry making, card making, games and more.”

Saturday, Feb. 18:

The Black Leadership Advisory Council will host “Black History Month: 70s Night” from 7 to 9:30 p.m. in the Business Building University Room (BB 2.06.04).

The UTSA Office of Sustainability will host “Basura Bash 2023” from 7:15 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Mesquite Living Lab. 

The Graduate School will host “Boot Camp Session: 3MT & Poster Presentation” from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the John Peace Library Assembly Room (JPL 4.04.22).

Monday, Feb. 20:

Free STI Testing” will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the H-E-B Student Union Harris Room (2.212).

Volunteer at the Whataburger Resource Room” from 9 to 11 a.m. at the UTSA Whataburger Resource Room (SU 1.04.06) or at the downtown location: UTSA Whataburger Resource Room (DB 1.306).

First-Generation and Transfer Student Programs will host their “First-Gen STEM Scholars Signature Event: STEM Mix and Mingle” from 5 to 6 p.m. in the H-E-B Student Union Travis Room (2.202).

Tuesday, Feb. 21:

COLFA Taco Tuesday” will occur from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the COLFA Student Success Center (MH 376).

Rowdy Prize Cab” from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Main Campus starting at the Sombrilla Plaza.