National Indoor Plant Week

Caroline Puckett

As the third week of September quickly approaches, we join together to celebrate National Indoor Plant Week, a holiday dedicated to showing our appreciation and knowledge for the plants and nature around us. There are many benefits that are attached to becoming an indoor plant caretaker. Plants provide clean and purified air, relieve stress, reduce noise and serve as stylish decor for your homes while also keeping us more in tune with nature. For this upcoming national holiday, we hope you join in this celebration as we discuss some of the best plant nurseries here in San Antonio, where you can find your next potted friend.

Milberger’s Landscaping & Nursery

Located at 3920 N. Loop 1604 E, Milberger’s Landscaping & Nursery provides people with everything they could possibly need for any gardening or planting task. With a wide selection of plants, individuals can choose from a variety of different options, whether it is fruit trees, seasonal flowers or your everyday run-of-the-mill house plant. This nursery also hosts various events that people can attend that provide very useful and significant information, such as gardening demonstrations and tips, alongside classes for gardening for both beginners and experienced planters. Aside from it also being a beautiful location to visit, the staff there are delightful and helpful. Check out their website to stay updated on any news and events that they have or just to learn more about the wonderful perks they have to offer for any plant caregiver.

Rainbow Gardens

Rainbow Gardens is an amazing nursery to visit for the upcoming national indoor plant holiday. Having a wide selection that expands over a whopping five acres, there are many plants and other gardening-related items that this nursery has to offer. A perk of visiting this location is being able to visit their charming shop, which is stocked with delightful gardening tools and other novelty items. Their website also provides several helpful tools and sources for fellow gardeners and has a detailed calendar that is filled with various fun events and workshops. Rainbow Gardens prides itself on its interesting garden displays, quality plants, knowledgeable staff and huge inventory. Make sure to pay a visit to Rainbow Gardens at 8516 Bandera Rd. and be amazed by their wonderful displays. 

The Garden Center

The Garden Center is a family-owned and operated independent retail nursery that supplies any lawn and gardening needs. At first glance, it may look like an ordinary garden nursery, but there is so much more that this location has to offer. Not only do they source their plants locally, but they also hand-pick the greenery they have in stock. The Garden Center provides quality products for the absolute best price and has trained, friendly employees who give customers the best advice and information when it comes to gardening. They are located at 10682 Bandera Rd., so make sure to pay them a visit in celebration of the upcoming holiday.

If you are a plant lover or want to begin the journey of growing your indoor sanctuary, feel free to visit any of these local nurseries and be immersed in the greenery. You will not be disappointed.