A guide to UTSA Alumni resources

As the academic year draws to a close, many students are preparing for graduation. With their college experience soon over, several may be unaware of the resources available to aid them. From career services to alumni networking, UTSA provides graduate support as they transition into the next phase of their lives.

UTSA offers several resources for students and graduates through the Career Center. The resources include various networking sites like Handshake and Roadrunner Network, resume building, interview preparation, LinkedIn profile tips and more. These career-building and preparation resources are open to anyone to use.

Alongside the free benefits and resources offered, alumni can become members of UTSA’s Alumni Association. Being a member opens up more opportunities and benefits for those who decide to join. 

Partnering with Credit Human and Dell Technologies, the Alumni Association offers members benefits like free credit checking, UTSA-branded debit cards, travel discounts, 10% off UTSA extended education courses and deals on tech products. 

Alumni also gain access to UTSA facilities such as the Recreation Center and the library, discounted event admissions, an alumni-only parking pass, Roadrunner Athletic Fund (RAF) loyalty points discounts on UTSA alumni merchandise, a 10% discount on an Institute of Texan Cultures membership and more. 

The RAF loyalty points are redeemable for UTSA football season passes, parking passes, postseason and away game opportunities and special events. The loyalty point system allows UTSA to prioritize donors to RAF and related athletic programs. 

The standard Annual Loyalty membership for the Alumni Association is $40 annually, or $60 annually for a two-person membership. 

While these benefits are offered for all UTSA Alumni Association memberships, there are exclusive benefits for those who register as a Life Member. For Life Members, perks include more RAF loyalty points, the life member license plate frame and exclusive merchandise.

The Life Membership is a one-time fee of $750or $1000 for a two-person membership. The Life Membership dues are tax-deductible, with a portion of the dues being legally treated as a gift.

For more information regarding Career Center resources, refer to their website and for information on Alumni Association membership, visit UTSA’s alumni page.