Three sexual assaults, two stalkers, dating violence

Crime Log 4/3-4/14
Kara Lee

In compliance with the Clery Act, UTSA keeps a public daily crime log that houses all on-campus crimes. The log summarizes the case’s date, time, location, incident and current status. The crimes detailed below are taken directly from the crime log, showcasing the trends premiered during the Spring 2024 semester. 

Sexual assault

On April 8, a sexual assault case took place at University Oaks. The incident occurred from 9 p.m. to 3 a.m. and was reported at 3:24 a.m. Additionally, a case of furnishing alcohol to minors and possession of a controlled substance offense took place. The case is still active. On April 8, multiple offenses took place by the same individual, one of which was sexual assault. The other offenses were furnishing alcohol to minors and possession of a controlled substance. The offenses took place at University Oaks and were reported at 3:24 a.m. The case is still active.

Stalking

On March 29, stalking took place on the Main Campus. The incident occurred at midnight and was reported on April 2 at 11:46 a.m. Another incident of stalking took place at the McKinney Humanities Building and was reported on April 3. Both cases were closed by exceptional means.

Dating violence

On April 3, dating violence took place at Laurel Village. The incident occurred at midnight and was reported at the same time. The case was closed by exceptional means. 

Harassment

On April 7, harassment took place at Chisholm Residence Hall. The incident occurred from 6 a.m. to 3:27 p.m. and was reported that day. The case is still active.

Evading arrest

On April 8, an evading arrest offense took place in the McKinney Humanities Building. The incident occurred from 1:32 to 2:05 a.m. and was reported at 1:32 a.m. Additionally, the same individual perpetrated a graffiti offense. The case was cleared by arrest. 

Theft

Three different cases of theft were reported from April 3 to April 8. The incidents occurred at University Oaks, the Student Union and Chaparral Village. All three cases remain active.

To stay in the loop, visit UTSA’s Public Safety Website.