UTSA to host its second annual Move-In Market

Kylar Royer

UTSA will be hosting its second annual Move-In Market on Saturday, August 19, as part of the Roadrunner Days festivities. The market will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the former UTSA Child Development Center (BK Lot 5), 6800 N. Loop 1604 E (behind University Oaks) at the Main Campus.

The event, hosted by the Student Union Roadrunner Pantry/Whataburger Resource Room, aims to provide students with basic necessities so that they can focus on their educational goals. Students will be able to choose from thousands of items such as kitchenware, dishes, furniture and even clothing — all free of charge.

​​“This is really a community event; our faculty, staff and surrounding community neighbors are the ones helping put this together with their donations,” Nikki Lee, senior associate director of the UTSA Student Union who supervises the Whataburger Resource Room, said. “So far, we’ve had thousands of items already dropped off by members of our community.”

The event is open to all UTSA students, who will each receive a $20 credit towards their selections upon registering for the event on RowdyLink. “With $20 of move-in money, students in need can get a desk, pots and pans and two blouses,” Lee said. “You can get a lot.”

Final donations for the market can be dropped off at the former UTSA Child Development Center from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Monday, August 14, and those who are interested in volunteering should email [email protected]

For more information about the Move-In Market, visit the Roadrunner Days website.