Tattoo shops celebrate Friday the 13th

Calli Recore

Friday the 13th is right around the corner, and tattoo shops have decided to host events to celebrate. Each event will occur this Friday, with some lasting as long as 24 hours. In addition to the tattoo discounts on the 13th, some shops will be discounting piercings and holding raffles with food and vendors. Remember that an ID is required to get a tattoo or a piercing, so do not forget to bring yours. Below are some additional details about each shop’s events this Friday. 

Livewire Tattoo

Located on the west side of San Antonio, Livewire’s event will begin at midnight on Thursday and will continue until Friday at midnight. Both tattoos and piercings start at $13, with many flash tattoos to choose from. On top of that, there will be art, music and food trucks throughout the night. 

Into the Void Tattoo

Into the Void Tattoo is near downtown, which is perfect if you want to spend the spooky holiday near the Riverwalk. If you plan on dressing up for Friday the 13th, this is the shop to go to since they will be hosting a costume contest. The tattoos will start at $130, with several flash designs available. Their event will start at noon on Friday and continue until midnight.

Athame Studios

Also near the downtown area, Anthem Studios will be hosting an event from noon to midnight on Friday. There will be a raffle and a makeup contest. The flash tattoos will either be $31 or $130 depending on the design and a tip is required.

Several other shops will be hosting events similar to the ones mentioned, so keep an eye out. Whether you get a tattoo or not, these shops will be hosting plenty of fun things to do, either to do on your own or with friends. With it being October, Friday the 13th will make it feel like fall, and is a great start to the spooky season.