Who let the dogs out?

The unleashing of San Antonio’s ‘Puptopia Festival’

On Oct. 14, San Antonio’s “Puptopia Festival” rolled into downtown and was held at Travis Park. Dogs of all breeds, shapes and sizes came to experience “the Disneyland for dogs.” The Puptopia Festival presents pet owners with the opportunity to spend a day pampering their dogs and treating them to birthday-like festivities. 

The festival had an incredible range of experiences for pups and their owners to choose from, including main stage “Pup-formaces,” the “Pawground,” the K9 Lounge, photo opportunities, vendors, sponsors, non-profits and even a “Beauty Spaw.”

Roy, the owner of a miniature bulldog named Clarissa, said his favorite thing about being a pet owner is the “unconditional love they share every moment you’re with them.” 

Another attendee, Sarah, shared that her favorite thing about Puptopia was that it “feels like a farmer’s market, but for dogs.” Sarah and her miniature Goldendoodle, Poppi, were most excited about the colorful ball pit and engaging in photo opportunities. 

Max and Claudia, owners of an energetic, long-haired dachshund, shared that it was their first time attending a dog festival. Max shared that his favorite part of the festival was the environment. 

“Sharing common interests among dog lovers creates a special and welcoming environment for all of the family, friends and pets.” 

This event is made possible through the help of volunteers and “Bark-Rangers,” who sign up to contribute and provide the best day for pups and their attendees. 

Amy Shermayne, director of Puptopia, shares that they “love when volunteers come out here.” Shermayne also shared that Puptopia is “a one of a kind event,” that encompasses “everything that makes you happy to have a dog.” 

Between the incredible staff, the impressive Canine-Stars Stunt-Show and the beautiful array of dogs, Puptopia Festival certainly captured what it means to have “The Best Doggone Day Ever.”