Early voting on Main Campus until Nov. 3

Chloe Williams

Early voting for San Antonio’s upcoming Nov. 7 election opened on October 23 and will run through November 3. Voting can be done on the UTSA campus in the H-E-B Student Union Bexar Room (1.102). 

The Nov. 7 ballot will have 14 proposed amendments to the State Constitution. Some of the topics that will be covered by these amendments are property taxes, money for state parks and child care facilities. San Antonio Report said, “Members of both parties agree none of the 14 proposed constitutional amendments on the November ballot are particularly controversial.”

With the last day for voter registration being Oct. 10, residents of San Antonio and students at UTSA who are not registered by now are unable to vote in this election. If you are unsure of your status, you can check it at vote.org.

The H-E-B Student Union will open voting at 8 a.m. every day until Nov. 3 and it will run until 6 p.m. except on Nov. 2 and 3, when it will close later at 8 p.m. Voters will need to bring a government issued form of identification. These may include, but are not limited to, government issued ID, election ID certificate, military ID or a U.S. passport.

According to Vox, Texas’ voting wait time averages 12.5 minutes, and the reported “fastest time to vote” is in the morning.