Northwest San Antonio’s best-ranked living under $1,000

Chloe Williams

On-campus dorms, off-campus student apartments and even rental home costs are skyrocketing. While San Antonio’s cost of living is nowhere close to the mini California prices that Austin suffers from, decent-quality apartments can be difficult to find, especially those under $1,000. Save for the apartments without enough reviews to be considered reliable, we have listed a few living options within five miles of the UTSA Main Campus that are rated above 4.5 stars on Google and are $1,000 per month or cheaper. 

Remember that Google reviews’ tenant satisfaction may not accurately reflect reality because people who review apartment complexes most likely have an exceptional experience on either end of the extremity. 

Birdsong at Sonoma Ranch – 5.0 stars

From the UTSA Main Campus, Birdsong at Sonoma Ranch is around 2.4 miles and a seven-minute drive away.

The Overlook at The Rim – 4.9 stars

• OL2.1HC” – two beds, two baths – $1,995 – $997.50 per room
  • OL3.1” – three beds, two baths – $2,892 – $964 per room
  • OL3.1A” – three beds, two baths – $2,940 – $980 per room
  • OL3.1HC” – three beds, two baths – $2,860 – $953.30 per room

From the UTSA Main Campus, The Overlook at The Rim is about 4.7 miles and an eight-minute drive away.

Sienna Ridge Apartment Homes – 4.7 stars

• The Monterrey” – three beds, two baths – $2,095 – $698.33 per room
  • The Mirsan” – two beds, two baths – $1,855 – $927.50 per room
  • The Augusta” – two beds, two baths – $1,670 – $835 per room

From the UTSA Main Campus, Sienna Ridge Apartment Homes are 5.0 miles and about a 13-minute drive away.

Marquis Cross Mountain – 4.6 stars

• “2B” – two beds, two baths – $1,699 – $849.50 per room 
  • “3B” three beds, two baths – $2,099 – $699.66 per room

From the UTSA Main Campus, Marquis Cross Mountain is only about 3.4 miles and an eight-minute drive away.

Arbolada – 4.6 stars

• C1L” – three beds, two baths – $3,000 – $1,000 per room. 

From the UTSA Main Campus, Arbolada is around 3.3 miles and an eight-minute drive away.

Cortland at Fredericksburg – 4.5 stars

• The Magnolia” – two beds, two baths – $1,526 – $763 per room
  • The Pearl” – two beds, two baths – $1,699 – $849.50 per room
  • The Rim” – two beds, two baths – $1,726 – $863 per room
  • The Shavano” – two beds, two baths – $1,731 – $865.50 per room
  • The University” – two beds, two baths – $1,761 – $880.50 per room

From the UTSA Main Campus, Cortland at Fredericksburg is 3.9 miles and an eight-minute drive away.

When you are apartment shopping for your new place, be sure to do some research of your own. Read the reviews, ask around, check the area’s safety ratings, look for amenities you need, keep your eye out for hidden fees and remember you get what you pay for. Good luck, home hunter.