Campus crime 2/16 to 2/21

Kara Lee

In compliance with the Clery Act, UTSA keeps a public daily crime log that houses all on-campus crimes. The log summarizes the case’s date, time, location, incident and current status. The crimes detailed below are taken directly from the crime log, showcasing the trends premiered during the first month of classes. 

Harassment

On Tuesday, Feb. 20, a harassment case was reported to UTSAPD. The incident occurred for nearly a year, dating back to April 1, 2023. As of now, the case is active. 

Impersonating a public servant

On Monday, Feb. 19, an individual impersonated a public servant on Brackenridge Ave. Lot 2. The incident occurred from 4:23 to 5 p.m. and was reported that same day. The individual was charged with criminal trespassing. The case was cleared by arrest. 

Consumption of alcohol by minor

On Saturday, Feb. 17, 20 counts of consumption of alcohol by a minor took place at Chaparral Village. The offense occurred from 11:53 p.m. to 12 a.m. and was reported at the same time. Additionally, two counts of furnishing alcohol to minors were given out. Both incidents were cleared by arrest. 

Duty on striking unattended vehicle

Duty on striking an unattended vehicle is a consistent trend throughout the crime log. With three counts reported since Feb. 18, one is active, one is inactive and one is unfounded. 

Theft

On Wednesday, Feb. 14, a mail theft incident took place at Laurel Village. The offense occurred from 10:51 a.m. to Friday, Feb. 16, at 10 a.m. and was reported at 12:50 p.m. on Friday. The case is still active. 

Graffiti

On Tuesday, Feb. 20, a graffiti-related incident took place at the H-E-B Student Union. The incident occurred from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m. the following day and was reported at 9:44 a.m. on Wednesday. The case is still active. 

Criminal mischief

On Sunday, Feb. 18, criminal mischief took place at Resident Lot 2. A criminal mischief crime occurs when “someone intentionally damages someone else’s property without their consent.” The incident happened from 1:29 to 1:43 p.m. and was reported at 1:29 p.m. The case is still active. 

To stay in the loop, visit UTSA’s Public Safety website.