New MLB jerseys receive backlash from fans

The new Nike MLB 2024 jerseys have received a lot of negative feedback from both hardcore and casual fans of the sport. Plenty of fans online have complained about the way some of the numbers and letters on the back of the jerseys look. Previous jerseys had big names and numbers on the back, now they are too small and have an unnecessary curve to the name, making the beloved jerseys look like knockoffs. 

What has made fans even angrier at the jerseys is the price, with the upwards being a total of $450. This has led to a majority of fans calling out Nike, who basically makes all major sports jerseys, for not putting in enough effort on these expensive jerseys. 

Fans of the MLB and all sports have complained for years now that these expensive, minimalistic designs for sports teams just aren’t going to cut it for them. They would rather have designs that look cool and look like there was a lot of effort put into them. 

Thankfully, the MLB regular season has not started yet so there is still time for Nike to hopefully change these jerseys so that players and fans are satisfied with their team’s gear. There have been plenty of players within the MLB Players Union who have stated their displeasure as well. With more players voicing their opinions on these new jerseys, it could possibly push Nike to produce more comfortable and creative jerseys before Opening Day.