The Little Runner, a new way to travel downtown

Miles Jones

In an attempt to enhance accessibility on its expanding Downtown Campus, UTSA partnered with Centro San Antonio to launch The Little Runner. This new mode of transportation is a free, on-demand e-shuttle designed exclusively to facilitate student and staff mobility across Downtown Campus, Southwest Campus and San Pedro I. Commencing their operations on March 18, this new shuttle aims to support a sustainable future for downtown locations. 

The shuttle runs Monday through Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. and on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. To hitch a ride on The Little Runner, students, staff and even non-affiliated UTSA personnel can wait at designated pick-up zones, represented by The Little Runner shuttle stop signs along the fixed route areas. People can also request a ride in operations areas by calling or texting 210-802-6610 or using the eCab mobile app, which is available on the App Store and Google Play. To learn more about the shuttle’s hours of operation and its various pick-up locations, check out the Campus Services website. 

Many UTSA personnel are very pleased with the new shuttle development. Individuals such as Veronica Salazar, executive vice president for business affairs and chief enterprise development officer, and Mary Hernandez, senior associate vice president for administration and operations, have voiced positive opinions on the new form of transportation. 

“We are grateful to Centro San Antonio for their ongoing partnership and shared vision to support a thriving downtown,” Salazar said. 

“This is one way we are enhancing the campus experiences for our Roadrunners,” continued Hernandez. “By connecting our downtown locations and making it easy to travel from place to place we support the success and safety of our campus community.”

This new e-shuttle is undergoing a pilot period until Saturday, Aug. 31. This will allow UTSA to receive information on The Little Runner’s use and ridership so the university can make proper decisions about long-term transportation needs between its downtown locations.

To learn more, refer to UTSA Today and Campus Services to stay up to date on transportation news surrounding The Little Runner.