A guide to San Antonio’s social media

Sofia Meija

San Antonio is filled with a diverse community, and the best way to get involved and stay informed is through social media. Whether you are looking for good food recommendations or places to see unique art, San Antonio has got you covered, and these Instagram accounts will point you in the right direction.

@s.a.foodie

San Antonio’s food scene never lets us down, and @s.a.foodie on Instagram is always showing off the best spots. Essential for visitors and locals alike, from street tacos to steakhouses, they have it all. Run by San Antonio native Amanda Spencer, she is constantly sharing new restaurants and pop-ups with her 490k followers, as well as staycation ideas and other fun activities to do around the city. Her feed perfectly shows off the rich culinary heritage of San Antonio.

@sanantoniostreetart

San Antonio Street Art is a non-profit led by artists across San Antonio. They contribute to our city’s beauty through murals and street art. They are routinely posting new artist features, places to see murals and outdoor galleries, all for the people of San Antonio to explore and enjoy. The non-profit’s creative expressions aim to foster a sense of unity and pride for San Antonio residents while bringing in visitors to experience the unique artistic landscape.

@puropinchesa

Stephanie Guerra, better known online as @puropinchesa, is a San Antonio native with a love for culture, community and entertainment. Many of her posts are partnerships with both national and local businesses, highlighting San Antonio’s vibrant culture and showcasing the best of what the city has to offer. In many of her posts, she invites the audience to immerse themselves in “puro” culture and celebrate the unique traditions, flavors and music that define San Antonio.

@quemeanswhat

On her account, @quemeanswhat, Melanie Mendez-Gonzales embodies cultural pride and empowerment through her exploration of Hispanic heritage in San Antonio. As a seventh-generation Texan, many of her posts are words of encouragement to other young Latina women, inspiring them to explore their identity. She often shares events going on around San Antonio that explore the vibrant art and culture of the city and attends talk shows to share her own journey of self-discovery and cultural celebration.

@satxrated

With @satxrated, exploring San Antonio could not be easier. @SATXRated not only shows off dining hotspots but also offers fun things to do around San Antonio, covering culture, entertainment and leisure activities. They share many events around the city, including updates on festivals such as Fiesta and other San Antonio traditions like the River Parade and the Rodeo. On their page, you can find places to shop, eat and drink to ensure your time in San Antonio is filled with unforgettable memories.