She’s done it again

Faye Webster’s newest record an instant hit
Lauren Stein

Faye Webster is back and better than ever with the release of her newest album, “Underdressed at the Symphony.” The indie singer embarked on a tour playing some of these songs and released the album on March 1 for our listening pleasure.

Wanna Quit All the Time” floats in with that signature Webster steel guitar. The song is dreamy and a keyboard lingers around for added flair. Paired with lyrics like “I wanna quit all the time. I think about it all the time. It’s the attention that freaks me out,” we get an understanding of how Webster feels about her sudden increase of listeners and fans.

Lego Ring” starts up and the auto-tuned vocals are soon heard with both featured artists, Lil Yachty and Webster. This song was released as a single and divided many, causing negative comments to stir under her Instagram announcement post. 

If that is your cup of tea, you will be sure to enjoy “Feeling Good Today,” which is entirely in autotune on a downtempo instrumental. 

Lifetime,” another single, brings down the energy with lyrics like “When I said I knew him, didn’t really mean it.” Webster recently went through a breakup, but do not expect the record to be full of sadness. “He Loves Me Yeah!” follows up and joyous piano chords dance around Webster’s lyrics like “My baby loves me, yeah he loves me yeah!” 

Underdressed at the Symphony” utilizes orchestral swells, beautifully accompanying her intimate thoughts; “I’m underdressed at the symphony, crying to songs that you put me on.”

The final song, “Tttttime” on the record seems to play on how David Bowie utilizes “ch-ch-ch-ch-changes” for his song “Changes.” 

Overall, this was a delightful record. As the weather warms up and the sun stays out longer, it is wholeheartedly encouraged that those not familiar with Webster or fellow indie music enjoyers listen to this brand new piece of art.