The top performers at the 2024 NFL Combine

Every spring the NFL holds a national scouting combine to allow players to highlight their athletic profiles to scouts. A player’s draft stock can rise or drop drastically depending on how they perform in certain drills. Here are the top performers from this year’s combine. 

Isaac Guerendo, running back, Louisville 

The 6-foot, 221-pound running back out of Louisville enjoyed a relatively good season in 2023. 132 rush attempts for 810 yards and 11 touchdowns is a production any team would be happy to have. As for the NFL draft, it is just not enough to “wow” teams into taking him as a premier pick, especially playing against ACC talent. Luckily for Guerendo, he just so happened to have one of the best combine performances ever for a running back. With a 4.33 40-yard dash and a 41.5 vertical jump, Guerendo earned a 9.99/10.00 RAS (Relative Athletic Score). This ranks as the second-best performance since 1987, his combination of height, weight and speed is sure to attract interest from teams. 

Xavier Worthy, wide receiver, Texas 

Teams knew of Worthy’s athleticism long before he tested out at the combine, his elite speed was his biggest strength in his final year with the Longhorns. Projected as a mid-second-round pick, the only way for Worthy to boost his stock was with a record-breaking 40-yard dash.  After posting a 4.25 initial run, Worthy broke the previous combine record held by Washington wide receiver John Ross (4.22) with an official time of 4.21. 

Quinyon Mitchell, cornerback, Toledo 

Despite not playing at a top-tier program like Alabama or Georgia, Mitchell exited the 2023 season with first-round hype. A 91.5 overall defensive grade from PFF put his name on the map and before the combine analysts had him going as high as pick 17 to the Jacksonville Jaguars. Mitchell solidified his slot as a first-rounder with a 4.33 40-yard dash and a 38-inch vertical jump. A 6-foot-1 frame, 31-inch arms and elite speed are more than enough to make teams with picks in the 10-15 range start to consider selecting him. A rare combination of athleticism and near-flawless tape is pushing Mitchell into a higher tier of defensive back prospects.