Cheap ways to celebrate the holidays

Chloe Williams

With the end of the semester less than 20 days away, it is time to start thinking about your holiday bucket list. Despite most of our budgets going to gifts each holiday season, it is still important to treat ourselves and relive the moments that have always made this time of year so special. Join us as we highlight different cheap ways to celebrate the holidays. 

UTSA music events

What better way to celebrate this season of appreciation than supporting UTSA’s music students? Attend one of the free holiday concerts below and experience the holiday spirit. 

Look at holiday lights

A tried and true way to get in the holiday spirit is to spend the night looking at Christmas lights. Paired with some hot chocolate and good company, a night like this is guaranteed to be memorable. Here are some of our picks on the best holiday lights in and around San Antonio. 

Attend a holiday market

Going to a holiday market is a great way to connect with the season while also shopping for gifts and supporting local businesses and vendors. With an art-rich city like San Antonio, there is bound to be a market that interests you. Here are some upcoming free events to visit. 

Watch a holiday movie

Nothing feels more like the holidays than curling up and watching a classic Christmas movie. Luckily, there are many free holiday screenings in San Antonio to bring these feelings of nostalgia alive. Bring blankets, chairs and snacks to watch these outdoor movies. Here are our picks for upcoming viewings. 

Enjoy the break from school and the holiday season; for more expensive ideas on things to do this holiday season, check out last week’s article on holiday happenings around San Antonio.